"Quarrywood", a superbly crafted family compound is located on a very private stretch of shoreline (over 1,400 feet of deeded waterfront) literally moments from the famed Ojibway Club. It is the handsome product of the combined efforts of the owner, a committed Georgian Bayer, the architect, also a local cottager and the contractor, a well- regarded builder.
The project consists of a main three bedroom cottage and a two bedroom sleeping cottage both sited on high ground overlooking a perfectly protected harbour with a natural sand beach. The structures were built with the view to withstand the weather extremes of the Georgian Bay climate: concrete based siding guaranteed for 50 years, high quality stains with a 15 year guarantee, chimneys built entirely of local cut stone granite and double hung custom Thermopane windows throughout.
The main cottage (approximately 2,400 sq. ft.) a compilation design effort with the owner and James MacDonald, Architect, is irregularly shaped with the an open plan living-dining-kitchen pod connected to a 3 bedroom sleeping pod by a long screened porch with sliding glass panels. The entire space is flooded with natural light..........this airy quality is further enhanced by the clear maple flooring, the blond pine wall paneling and the alabaster uplighting.
The kitchen is equipped to entertain large numbers. It features extensive counter space, wall mounted ovens, a double stainless steel sink, a separate pantry with 2 refrigerators and built-in halogen lighting. The adjoining screened porch provides for "al fresco" dining.
The western pod of the structure houses the master bedroom with 2pc en-suite, 2 additional bedrooms each with sleeping lofts, a 3 pc bath with footed tub and a skylit laundry area.
The approximately 830 sq. ft. sleeping cottage is constructed to the same exacting standards as the main building. It features open plan living and dining anchored with a floor to ceiling granite stone fireplace. Additional heating is provided by electric baseboards throughout. Guests can enjoy a measure of self sufficiency from the main cottage with a fully equipped galley kitchen, 2 bedrooms with separate walk-outs to cedar decks and an open air shower. The bedrooms share a centrally located 3 pc bath featuring a footed tub.
Additional Features of "Quarrywood":
- Offering includes an adjoining registered 6.0 acre building lot lying just to the west of main property
- Including loft space in main cottage "Quarrywood" can accommodate 12-14 persons comfortably
- A spacious dry-dock boat house and workshop has separate hydro panel and provides storage for all watercraft
- The sanitary system is MOE approved and is classified as most ecologically advanced with 2 eco units as pre filters
- Property is equipped with a Honda back-up generator in case of temporary power outage
- The secondary dock located near drydock boat house is ideal for launching kayaks, canoes and sailboats
- Recent surveys are available upon request for both the main cottage lot and the adjoining building lot
- All furnishings which have been carefully selected to complement the ‘aesthetic' of the buildings are included with one exception
- The main cottage has wireless access and uses
- A Rogers "hub" for wireless broadcast
- Cottages can be used comfortably during the ‘shoulder' seasons of spring and fall as they are fully insulated and have wood burning fireplaces
- The property is surrounded by 1,000's of acres of Crown land and literally 1,000's of feet of Crown shoreline on both sides of the property. In this Crown land to the north of the property there is a thriving marshland that is home to various species of waterfowl, beaver, deer and even moose.
- "Quarrywood's" location just off the main channel allows for easy navigation from the marinas http://www.desmasdons.com/ of Pointe au Baril Station even on starless nights
- "Quarrywood" is ideally situated to readily access the cottage community's hub and the Lighthouse
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pointe_au_Baril,_Ontario#The_Lighthouse which serves as a departure point to the open waters of Georgian Bay and destinations north
Asking Price $2.58M
The Listing Agent is relying on information supplied to him by the Vendor and other sources.
The Listing Broker accepts no responsibility for the accuracy of this fact sheet.