The Main House
The renovated 4-bedroom main house and attached 3 car garage is finished in stone and ‘Maibec’ (Cabot stain-penetrated) board & batten, and is surrounded by covered cedar decking (upper and lower decks).
On the main floor, there is a wonderful great room with an 18 ft. vaulted ceiling with dormers letting in a large amount of natural daylight. This open design combines kitchen, living and dining spaces with multiple walk-outs to the deck. The entire space was designed to take advantage of the countryside views over the fields, woodlands and spring-fed pond. The new kitchen has a large centre island, coffee station and wonderful natural light.
The main floor has a country home feel with wide plank white oak flooring, wood-burning fireplace with custom brick surround and 150 year-old hand hewn wood mantel along with large expanses of glass offering picturesque views especially when visited by local wildlife.
The attached 3-bay garage is fully insulated.
The primary bedroom suite has lovely views, walk-in closet and a 5-piece en suite bathroom The private master suite has its own walk-out to the covered deck and a convenient private door into the laundry room.
Also on this level is a powder room, a bright over-sized laundry room and a coat room with custom tin ceiling in addition to a mudroom with heated floors and custom cabinetry.
The walk-out lower level has good ceiling height and plenty of natural light. This finished level has multiple walk-outs to the grounds, a large tv room with gas fireplace, kitchenette, 3 bedrooms including the exercise studio with built-in Murphy bed and 2 full bathrooms along with ample storage closets. The walkouts on this level lead to extensive landscaped gardens with waterfall features connected to the pond. The immaculate utility room is in the northwest corner of the footprint.
The Bunkie has been a fun addition to the property. The Bunkie is fully insulated/winterized, has power and overlooks the pond below. A perfect space for over-flow guests or can be used as a studio.
The Land & Wildlife
Wildwood is a diverse acreage property with open meadows, rolling woodlands, ponds and plentiful wildlife habitat. The noted conservation organization, Ducks Unlimited, is improving a bird sanctuary on a portion of “Wildwood” in 2023. This project comes at no cost to future owners and further enhances the property.
With approximately 993 ft. of road frontage, the 45-acre property is segmented into 10 acres of open meadows and a 25-acre managed woodlot with the balance including the homesite, ponds, gardens and golf greens for chipping and putting practice.
Major tree plantings have taken place on the property over the years. Major species are: white cedar, white pine, red pine, American beech, white spruce, tamarack, ash, oak, sugar maple, birch, poplar, walnut and black cherry. Various shrubs are also present such as lilac, high-bush cranberry, red dogwood, white flowering dogwood, sumac, flaming spirea, rosebush of Sharon, serviceberry and juniper.
The property has a wonderful network of wide trails of over 2 kms which meader around the lands and are perfect for hiking, atvs, snowshoeing or cross country skiing.
Wildlife abounds on Wildwood providing a unique opportunity to view many species in our area. The lands are home to a rafter of wild turkeys. Other birds such as red-tail hawks, osprey, blue and grey heron, mallard, wood duck, goldeneye, merganser, cardinals, blue jays, bluebirds, flickers, finches, chickadees, nuthatches, gross beaks, owls, Baltimore orioles, redwing blackbirds, waxwing blackbirds, crows, pheasant, and quail are also frequent visitors.
The workshop/driveshed is located approximately ½ way up the driveway and has power and light. This drive-thru building is perfect for storage and has a separate workshop room with access door.
Important factors regarding location:
- Approximately 50 kms and 45 minutes from Yonge Street and Hwy 401.
- 13.5 kms to Headwaters Hospital & shopping in Orangeville
- Skiing at Caledon Ski Club, Hockley Valley
- Many area golf courses including Devil’s Pulpit, Hockley Valley, Osprey, etc.
- Quiet paved country road
Other Property Details:
- Two golf greens with tee boxes & flags. It is mainly a chipping course.
- Pond with aerating fountain and stone features
- Generac full house backup generator
- Underground power and telephone from the road. No unsightly overhead wires.
- Zoned sprinkler system for lawn, greens, and perennial gardens
- 2 strong deep drilled wells (18 gpm and 5 gpm flow). One well can feed the pond.
- High efficiency propane in-floor heating system
- Land currently enjoys tax savings due to managed woodlot. A new owner can re-enroll to enjoy the benefits
- Gated entrance
- New roof
- Sound insulation between floors
- Updated Trane heating/cooling system
- LifeBreath air filtration system plus Amaircare HEPA filtration system
- Water conditioning equipment including UV filter
- Enclosed garden structure with water supply
- Fenced chicken coop and large fenced vegetable garden
The Listing Agent is relying on information supplied to him by the Vendor and other sources.
The Listing Broker accepts no responsibility for the accuracy of this fact sheet.